This site is dedicated to the memory of Erik G. Rogers, who passed away on June 22, 2011. Erik sustained a major brain injury after falling off a 6′ ladder while working on his house.
MEMORIAL RECEPTION AND CONCERT
Please join Ron and Kathy Rogers as they celebrate the life of their son Erik with a memorial reception and jazz concert in his honor, Sunday, July 24th at the Sheldon Concert Hall - 1pm reception with a concert to follow. This is a family-friendly event. Parking will be available on the street and at reserved lot noted in the picture below.
- Sunday, July 24th
- 1:00pm – reception with concert to follow
- No ticket required. No RSVP needed.
- The Sheldon Concert Hall
- 3648 Washington Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108
SECRET CAJUN BAND REUNION CONCERT BENEFIT
Erik’s bandmates will reunite for a Secret Cajun Band in his honor. Concert Flyer
- Saturday, July 23rd
- $10 donation required to benefit MUSIC FOR LIFELONG ACHIEVEMENT
- Tin Can Tavern & Grille
- 1909 Locust Ave St. Louis, MO 63103
- All Ages Welcome
If you would like to leave a note for Erik’s family and friends to see, or if you would like to read what others have said, please visit Erik’s CaringBridge.org site.
Erik’s family has requested that donations be made in Erik’s memory to an organization that they felt best captures the spirit of Erik’s love for music and specifically jazz. Music for Lifelong Achievement is dedicated to making sure that all children have access to instruments to play.
There are two ways to contribute:
- INTERNET via credit card: please visit their site HERE and click on the DONATE button. When you complete the donation through paypal, there will be a pull down for “special instructions”. Please use that space to indicate that it should be in Erik’s memory.
- CHECK via mail: You can print this form
and mail to:
Music for Lifelong Achievement
c/o Sheldon Arts Foundation
3648 Washington Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63108
On July 2nd, Erik’s good friends and band mades from Secret Cajun Band, Miguel and Josh appeared on Ska’s the Limit for a tribute to Erik. Listen to it here: Erik Rogers Tribute on Skas the Limit